Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Free Digital Paper

I'm in a generous mood today, so I thought I would share one of my paper designs with you.

The effect is supposed to be very light, almost transparent colour with veins shot through it.

Now, here is the interesting part. To make this paper extra special, I wanted the veins to be metallic. Sadly, unless you have a very expensive professional printer, you are not likely to be able to reproduce metallic colours any more than I can on mine. 
So what to do? Well, if you are anything like me, you have a stash of metallic pens. Pick a fine tipped one and LOOSELY follow the veins. Don't try to emulate the thickness of the line or follow it too exactly. I did mine with a gold one. 
The file is here

EDIT
It has been pointed out to me that you may want tiled versions, so I have attempted that - let me know what you think!
Tiled version Marble  here
Tiled floral here
I hope you like the effect, if you have graphics editing software, you can even change the tints to suit whatever project you need it for.

Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment