Friday, 24 October 2014

Supervectorizer App for Mac. Convert Rasters to VECTORS

As some of you may know, I 'm a bit of a software junkie. I love playing with graphics software and I am always on the look out for new apps that make the most of having a Mac.

I was browsing the other day and came across SUPER VECTORIZER  and decided to give it a go.

Why? Well Silhouette Studio trace function does leave something to be desired at times. It does not differentiate between colours, only tones. That makes tracing some images next to impossible.

I know I could use Gimp, or other full blooded graphics packages to do it, but sometimes I just want the simple option, one window to open, clean and quick.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-vectorizer/id704139979?mt=12

Super Vectoriser is just that. Only one window opens, like this.


Import your image, select an option or two and save in SVG, Vector PDF, AI or DXF.
That's it, done.  Now how good your result is depends on how good your image is to start with, the settings you apply and the result you want. It would be great for decoupage for example. It will excel at photos to convert to vinyl, or clipart that has colours inside but no interior outlines.


In the image above,I have separated out some of the layers of colour, in a way that would not be possible in Studio.

So there you go, another choice for tracing images .  Don't forget, you need to give the cut line a colour and width down to zero - you don't automatically see the cut lines!

Here  is the video I made that shows it in action.






2 comments:

  1. This looks like a terrific little program. Much easier than spending weeks learning illustrator or inkscape. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! As with all things, the quality depends on what you put into it but it gets top marks from me for being so user friendly. They also do a drawing app that exports to PNGs, MyBrushes. It is really good fun and can be used on a Mac or you can get an iPad version. I'm going to do a review on that as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete