Wednesday, 24 December 2014

Book Style Luminary

I really love Christmassy scenes combined with battery powered tea lights. I've made simple box style ones before but had not made a 'layered' one.

I do remember seeing some in a Christmas fayre at one time, but they were made from wood and quite pricey. I don't even think they had the option of having lights in them, it was too long ago.

What I did want to do, was make sure it wouldn't take up too much space when stored, flat storage being preferable.

Anyhow, I spent a couple of days fiddling with a basic design that would function and then with adding a scene to it.

This is what I came up with.   (No lights on it at the moment, since the pic is in daylight.) I have found it very hard to take decent night shots of it!


The background is just blue paper with some sparkle glue on it, stuck to the inside. Most of the rest is in white card, with just the front in a shimmery pale blue.

I've got some refinements to make and I need to do a video and written tutorial showing how to put it together but I thought I 'd show you what  I'm up to!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment