Thursday, 21 May 2015

Another Material for Stamping

I managed to get my hands on some 2mm plastic strip meant for making strip curtains for chilled rooms and the like.


As you can see, it is clear, a slight blue tint. At 2mm and very tough, it is at the top end of what can be cut with the Silver Bullet. If you have any other machine, you can probably give it a miss, as it will be too hard to cut.

Even with the SB it took a 60 blade at full extension, a force of 150 and five passes. Now it may be that it could be done at a higher setting but I was trying to make sure it didn't dance a jig on my mat. I used a speed of 200 - slowing it down too much didn't make it any easier, a bit of speed was needed.

Here are some more bits I cut, along with my spacer for size reference! I don't think it would be good for more delicate designs.


On the plus side, it is thick enough to use for key fobs if you want to - just make a hole for the ring. I think it is possible to get it in different colours...

If there is enough demand, Thyme Graphics (UK)  may consider selling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment