Sunday, 17 May 2015

Ribbon Flowers

 In the past I have tried to make ribbon roses and come up with some bad, ugly things. I don't do bad and ugly, so I was not impressed with myself. That isn't to say I know what I want them for, I don't, but I don't like to admit defeat either.

So the other day when my 'recommended viewing' on YouTube came up with a video by a lady called Donna, I just had to watch it.

To be honest, I didn't hold out much hope, but felt that it was worth a few minutes just to make sure.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised! For the first time, it seemed obtainable, the instructions were clear and it looked simple enough.

Out came my ribbon supplies to give it a go.

The first couple were quite hard - but I think this is because I was using a narrow ribbon. It is easier to learn the technique on a wider ribbon and graduate down to thin ones!


I tried thin organza ribbon, satin ribbon, soft paper and paper ribbon (the two silver ones).  Bet you can tell which was the last one I made! I'll give you a hint, it's the best one.

So thanks to Donna and daughter, for that great video!

No comments:

Post a Comment