Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Off Topic, A Decision!

I hate clothes shopping. The whole changing room thing gets me, Yuck. 

However, I have decided on two things. 

I need new clothes.
I need to lose weight.

The first is caused by my lack of shopping for about 15 years. That's when I had my last 'splurge'. It was £150 for clothes for a trip hubby had won to Hawaii. I haven't spent as much in one go since!

The second is caused by my love of baking and hitting a certain age. I refuse to go up a size, so I have given up most of the stuff I love. I can't give up alcohol because I don't drink it. I drink tea and coffee without sugar or sweeteners and have used skimmed milk for years. I don't drink juice very often, soft drinks once in a blue moon, water all the time. I allow myself a baked item for breakfast. But from now on, no snacks, just a salad for lunch and whatever we choose for an evening meal.

This isn't a diet, it's a slow life change, the snacking went a couple of years ago, now I need to cut what I'm eating at meal times - so no puds, cake, chocolate etc

Then  I intend to get back into the basement gym for a session every day.

Why am I telling you this? Because for the first time in my life I aim to  do this publicly, not hide what I am up to, so you can check up on me. If I admit I'm doing this, then I have the motivation to keep at it.

Anyhow, I made a dress, one for weight loss. It fits me now, but will shrink (with me, I hope!). 

No pattern, I cut it myself.  With gathered shoulders and 'shirring' under the bust. I also made a half slip to go under it. 
While I can wear it now, it will look better if I can lose the stomach. Side to side, I don't look too bad, it's more when I look at the side view....

So wish me luck and hopefully by Christmas, I shall be a shadow of my former self!








No comments:

Post a Comment