Saturday, 5 September 2015

Reversible Card for Christmas

As the first days of September appear, crafters all over the world start thinking of prepping for Christmas. If you buy your cards you can afford to leave it to the last minute but not if you make them. We take pride in our work and don't want to send out shoddy cards!

This one was born, as a lot of my things are, of a play session on SCAL.  The basic concept is simple enough and the card is not hard to make, it just requires a little planning because the card is completely reversible. The back looks just as good as the front.

This is the back.


 I have not put a greeting on the back - but I could, so this is the front.



The trick to this is using two lots of card. Although you could use a double sided card for the top, I didn't. I printed both sides of a piece of card just larger than I needed. Originally, I was just going to do the top bit! The silver parts of the trees are cut out separately and glued on back and front, they are suspended in the cut outs.

The sliver foil card base was glued on and then I added some sparkly tape to finish it off.

I did come a cropper on the sentiment, I didn't check the size well enough and it is a fraction too big. However, considering the trouble it had given me, I wasn't about to do it again. I had tried to cut it several times in blue foil card but it kept falling to pieces on me!

Videos
Reversible card

Alternative folds


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am a member
    Please don't miss out on this FABULOUS and simple program.
    If you believe you have seen it all...
    The this site pays you $ instantly and directly to your Paypal, Paysza or STP accounts!
    Make a wise decision NOW!
    ONLY $1.75 to join! NO RISK!
    Turn a measly $1.75 into $100000 !
    Click Link Below For Complete Details:

    http://goo.gl/2mygaA

    Thank's

    ReplyDelete